In our last blog post we shared a 10 tip guide to ensure you bubble with happiness during the winter months… Tip number 4 was to “Stay Social”; tempting as it is to hibernate in winter, a social event with the family and friends you care for, is often a much needed antidote to the winter blues. If you still feel it’s too much effort to leave the warmth of your cosy home in the evening, try a day-time event…. We have the perfect idea!
A winter warming afternoon tea
- Warm savouries – Think warmed mini cheese scones filled with apple and winter fruit chutney or tiny Welsh Rarebit fingers (find a recipe HERE)
- Traditional finger sandwiches – Cucumber, smoked salmon, chicken with mayonnaise… All the classics!
- Cakes and sweet treats… Perhaps a winter fruit cake for a distinctly festive feel, (try this RECIPE)
- Something chocolatey and delightful… How about Salted Caramel Choc Pots?
- Your best tea service… This is the time to use that beautiful china, handed down from Great Aunt Ethel, if you don’t have a tea service scour the op shops for cake stands and other pieces, they really don’t have to match!
- Winter warming teas – Harney & Sons Fine Teas have a wonderful selection
- Bubbles… Of course! Buy Yours HERE
- Great company
Combine all the ingredients… Mix well… Enjoy!