The days are shorter, the nights longer and it stands to reason that you may want to hibernate. If you’re suffering from a case of mid-winter melancholy check out our “10 Tip Guide” to banishing those winter blues so you can bubble with happiness!
- Head outside… We know it’s cold, but a brisk walk in the open air is sure to lift your spirits.
- Eat well… You know the old adage, you are what you eat… Well it’s true, what you eat affects your energy levels and so affects your mood. If you’re participating in “Junk Free June“, it’s likely your spirits have lifted already!
- Be present… Don’t dwell on the lazy, hazy days of the past summer or long for the one that is on its way; be present and make the most of your “here and now”, discover the things that are good to do in winter and enjoy them.
- Stay social… And we’re not talking Facebook! We know it’s tempting to stay in on a cold, dark evening; but you’ll feel so much happier when you’re out doing the things you love with the people you care for.
- Enjoy a mid-winter Christmas… Go all out with friends, we’re talking, gifts, fairy lights good food and of course bubbles!
- Eat chocolate… If you’re anything like us you won’t need an excuse; but there is science behind it… In winter you may be lacking a natural amino acid called trytophan, luckily contained in chocolate! Trytophan is involved in the manufacture of the feel-good hormone serotonin, which the body produces when exposed to sunshine. Make it the good stuff, 70% cocoa solids, (remember number 2 above – “Eat Well”).
- Help others… There’s no better way to feel better about yourself, than by helping somebody else; it could be a friend, family member, neighbour or a complete stranger… Do something good for somebody else today and we guarantee you will immediately feel an inner glow that’s hard to beat.
- Give a gift… It’s a proven fact that altruism and generosity make us healthier and happier!
- Focus on your joy… It might be your family or a hobby; but there is bound to be something in your life that brings you great pleasure, something you’re passionate about. Once you’ve identified your joy, give it some time and attention.
- Drink bubbles… Could there be a more joyful sound than the “pop” of a cork?
Drink bubbles with friends at a mid-winter Christmas; and give them the gift of bubbles… You’ve crossed off number 2, 3, 4, 5, (possibly number 6), 8 and number 10! Walk to the mid-winter Christmas and you’ve covered number 1. Help with the cooking and you’ve sorted number 7. Celebrating with friends and family… You’ve likely found your joy, there goes number 9!